Cleaning your crystal and home
Everything about cleansing your crystal, space and home.
They are so beautiful. Whether you already have an entire collection or are just started, we share the same namely our love for the crystals that Mother Nature has given us. They can (if you believe in them) support you in your needs. Note: crystals are purely for support and never a replacement for a doctor's treatment. Consult a doctor in case of complaints.
Why do we cleanse crystals before they’re heading to their new homes?
- You may think that all crystals are ready to use when you get them at home, but this is not always the case. Some crystals you have bought, have often been touched before you brought them home. We believe that crystals can become energetically polluted when they are traded, touched, worn or used. The crystals can absorb the energy of the person who held them. To prevent you from feeling a certain energy upon arrival, we ensure that the crystals we offer you are 100% ready for use. How can we be so sure? During packing, we clean the crystals by means of smoke. This can be Sage, Palo Santo or with incense. The smoke ensures that a crystal can be discharged. You can release a crystal dust by using a dry cloth or a dry brush.
- My favorite option; discharging with smoke. You can use Sage, Palo Santo or incense to discharge your crystals. This is also a good way to use when you want to clean your home. Later more about cleansing your home.
- Hematite. Lay your small tumbled stones in hematite for 24 hours to discharge them. Don’t forget to cleanse your hematite because they can take all the energy and that could be a lot.
- Simply lay them in the ground for 24 hours. The earth is such a great place for crystals to discharge them.
- You can also use cold water to discharge them. Simply let the tap flow and keep the crystal below. Note: not all crystals can handle water. Here is a small list. Not every crystals is on the list. If you’re in doubt, ask for advice and / or don't do it
Don’t charge these crystals under water. They can break or can release toxic substances. Here are a few examples:
- Selenite / Satin Spar
- Himalayan Salt
- Celestine / Celestite
- Lapis Lazuli
- Clear Quartz. This is the same substance like the Hematite, also for small tumbled stones. Lay them in a bowl with Clear Quartz for 24 hours and they’re ready to be used again with fresh energy. Don’t forget to cleanse it.
- Selenite/Satin spar is also a great option for charging your crystals. Just place your crystals on or close to the Selenite for a magical moment. You will feel that light energy again and with the first touch they will support you in your needs. Don’t forget to cleanse it.
- Moonlight, especially full moonlight is so strong. You can place them behind or in front (with a mat) of your window. Let the moon do her job! You can decide yourself if you leave them for 24 hours or pick them up the next day.
- Sunlight. This can also be a option and works exactly the same as moonlight. Personally its my least favorite option because some crystals can be overheated or discolor.
My crystal is broken. What can be the main reason?
- They have brought you enough energy.
- The energy of the crystal is getting older and a little weaker.
- Something went wrong during discharging them. This may have been caused by cleaning with water.
My crystal is broken. What can I do with it?
- How sad if this happen to you. The one advice I can give to you is; give them back to the planet, Mother Earth by putting them in the ground.
As we promised we should also write about cleansing your space/home.
- When cleaning your home, make sure that the negative "presence" (energy) is allowed to move to another place, so that you make room for the positive energy.
Cleaning can be done with Sage, Palo Santo or incense. It's quite simple. You light it, until a flame arises, blow it out and with that smoke you can start cleansing. I personally clean behind doors, in corners and preferably do it in the morning with the windows open. We all have different opinions over this subject, but I can advise you to follow your own feelings.
After using one of the above cleansing methods, you can fill the “hole” with positive energy. For the positive energy and to close the cleansing, I can recommend sweetgrass, which also can be used without sage, palo santo or incense. I always experience a very quiet house where the it feels good & where there is room for positive energy again.
I wish you this too!